Known Kemp Associate and Donor Mike Malone Said He Was Sent by Kemp and Said Kemp “Highly Recommended” Polling Closures
Randolph County Elections Director: “Mr. Malone came highly recommended from the Secretary of State’s office.”
ATLANTA – Today, the Democratic Party of Georgia called out Republican gubernatorial candidate Brian Kemp for his laughable claim that he is “independent” from his associate and donor, Mike Malone.
In a statement from his Secretary of State’s office, Kemp defensively referred to Malone as “an independent consultant” who is “not backed by the Secretary of State’s office.” This statement raises the following questions:
1. How does Kemp define “independent”?
2. Does Kemp really believe he is independent from his associate and donor? (AJC, 8.20.2018)
3. How does Kemp explain his associate and donor Mike Malone’s presentation in Randolph County, where Malone said polling consolidation came “highly recommended” by Kemp himself? (AJC, 8.20.2018)
4. How does Kemp explain his associate and donor Mike Malone’s contention that he was sent around the state by Kemp for the purpose of recommending polling location closures? (Slate, 8.17.2018)
5. How does Kemp explain these words from Randolph County’s elections director: “Mr. Malone came highly recommended from the Secretary of State’s office”? (AJC, 8.20.2018)
And, most importantly,
6. Given Kemp’s history of voter suppression and his connection to the polling closure proposal in Randolph County, will he resign as Secretary of State?
# # #