2020 National Delegate Selection Plan
The Democratic Party of Georgia’s plan for delegate selection to the 2020 Democratic National Convention Plan is now available to the public. This document specifies policies and procedures for securing all of Georgia’s delegates and alternates, who will attend the 2020 National Convention in Milwaukee, WI.
The DNC has until September 13th to notify the DPG of any changes, but the general components of the plan are as follows:
- Georgia is allocated 129 delegates, nine of whom will be alternates.
- 68 district level delegates will be elected within the delegates’ congressional district on March 29, 2020. There are no district level alternates.
- Fourteen Party Leaders and Elected Officials (PLEOs) will be elected by the 68 district level delegates on April 18, 2020 at a central location in the state.
- On May 16, 2020, 23 at-large delegates and nine alternates will be elected by a quorum of the State Committee of the Democratic Party of Georgia.
- While these dates are set in the plan, until Georgia’s Secretary of State announces the date of the 2020 presidential primary, the dates are subject to change.
The Affirmative Action Committee of the DPG will continue to implement a robust effort to ensure that all communities are represented in Georgia’s delegation. The Democratic Party of Georgia is committed to sending a delegation to Milwaukee that reflects the diversity of our party and our state.
The full plan is available here.
# # #