The Supreme Court has upheld President Obama’s signature legislation, The Affordable Care Act.
This means that:
- Children will no longer be denied health insurance due to a pre-existing condition, effective immediately.
- Young adults can stay on their parent’s health insurance policy until age 26.
- Adults will no longer be denied health insurance due to a pre-existing condition, effective in 2014.
- Health insurance providers can no longer cancel your policy because you get sick.
- There can no longer be annual limits to health coverage. If your illness is incredibly expensive, you won’t have to worry about reaching a limit to what your insurance company will pay.
We are reading the Supreme Court decision and will have more information soon. We all deserve high-quality health care that we can all afford, and today brings this goal to reality.
This is a great day to be an American.