Executive Director Position Available
Posted Friday, April 8, 2011
Resumes will be accepted until April 30, 2011
Submit Resumes by email only to
Angelia Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org
subject line: ED Position
The Democratic Party of Georgia is seeking a committed individual to serve as Executive Director. The applicant must possess strong organizational skills and demonstrated leadership ability. The Executive Director will be responsible for developing and implementing a plan to strengthen and expand the Democratic Party of Georgia. In coordination with the State Party Chair, the Executive Director will implement the Democratic Party of Georgia’s strategic plan and oversee the administration and programs of the party, including political activities, personnel, fund raising, communication, and technology.
- In coordination with the Chair and 1st Vice Chair, direct fund raising efforts, develop a fund raising plan, successfully implement this plan, and achieve fund raising goals.
- Create a comprehensive communications plan, including messaging, media outreach, press releases, web, and email and oversee its execution.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with Democratic party leaders, elected officials, key constituencies, organizations, and donors.
- Employ and supervise state party staff, consultants, and vendors.
- Oversee the preparation and filing of campaign financial disclosure reports, tax returns, and other reports and returns required by law.
- Organize all meetings of the State Committee and Executive Committee as required by the State Party charter and bylaws and state statutes and develop written reports for these meetings.
- Manage all aspects of the State Party’s electoral activities, including election law compliance, campaign planning, targeting, polling, and GOTV program.
- Oversee the State Party’s technology operations including database development and computer operations.
- Implement delegate selection and voter registration programs.
- In coordination with the State Party Chair and Treasurer, develop the budget for the Democratic Party of Georgia and ensure adherence to the budget.
- Act as the liaison with staffs of the Democratic National Committee, the Association of State Democratic Chairs, and Organizing for America and actively participate with these organizations.
- Attend ASDC, DNC, DPG State Committee, DPG Executive Committee, and County Party meetings as appropriate.
- In coordination with the State party Chair and Communications Director, issue press releases, speak on important issues, and present the Democratic Party in a positive and professional light.
- Oversee the development and production of party-building and message delivery tools, including brochures, newsletters, position papers, and websites.
- Minimum of 4 – 5 years experience with political campaigns, political organizations, or non-profit organizations with budgets of $1 – $5 million.
- Experience working with, and a strong understanding of, County Parties, the Democratic Party of Georgia, the Democratic National Committee, and affiliated organizations.
- Excellent leadership skills with a track record of developing, motivating, and managing functional teams that achieve and maintain superior levels of performance.
- Experience creating and managing budgets.
- Experience managing staff and volunteers.
- Experience developing and successfully executing fund raising plans to raise over $1 million annually.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans.
- Proven excellence in written and oral communication.
- Knowledge and understanding of the political dynamics within the state of Georgia.
- Proven dedication to the Democratic Party and its ideals.
- Experience working with candidates and elected officials.
- Availability for required evening and weekend hours, along with significant statewide travel.