- Contact Us
- Our Party
- Party Officers
- 2014 Democratic Candidates
- Congressional District Chairs
- State Committee Members
- County Committees
- Congressional Democrats
- Georgia DNC Members
- Our Issues, Our Message
- Affiliated Groups
- Charter and Bylaws
- Georgia Democrats Platform
- About the Democratic Party Organization
- News & Releases
Republicans are attempting to remove Barack Obama from Georgia’s Presidential Ballot in 2012.
Five separate lawsuits have been filed to PREVENT President Obama from being on the 2012 ballot. While their arguments are foolish, it still requires a vigorous defense in the Georgia judicial system.
If successful, Georgia would be the ONLY state to *not* have the President on the November ballot.
Democrats can’t allow our state to be America’s laughing stock. We have to fight these lawsuits, two of which are being represented by a sitting state legislator in the State Capitol.
We are putting together the finest legal team in the state to stop these political tricks. We must defend the President against these attacks that could remove him from the Presidential ballot in November.
We need your help. These lawsuits divert precious resources from our goal of turning Georgia blue in 2012.
Here’s what you can do.
- If you are financially able, please make a $20 donation to fight to keep President Obama on Georgia’s ballot. This money will be used towards the best legal defense in the state to fight these serious Republican charges.
- If you are financially able, donate $20 for yourself and $20 for a person unable to donate- a $40 total donation to fight these charges against our President. Your generous donation will cover the cost of someone unemployed or in foreclosure this holiday season.
- If you are *not* financially able, please send an email of support to firstname.lastname@example.org to show how much we appreciate our legal team’s efforts to fight against these serious threats.
Georgia Republicans are pulling their biggest scam yet. In the midst of the holidays, Republicans are conducting a sneak attack on our President and threatening to remove him from the ballot in November.
We can’t let that happen. Will you help our President?
- October 23, 2014
Clarke County Democrats Meeting
Starts: 6:00 pm
Ends: 7:30 pm, October 23, 2014
Location: The Foundry Park Inn, Galeria 1, Athens, GA
The Foundry Inn is located a few blocks north of the Classic Center, where Thomas Street ends at Dougherty Street.
Karen Solheim, Communications Director
- October 28, 2014
White County Democrats meeting
Starts: 6:00 pm
Ends: 7:30 pm, October 28, 2014
Location: Ma Gooch’s Restaurant, 318 North Main Street, Cleveland